Sunday, October 10, 2010

Göteborg

Now, I have been in Sweden for almost 3 months, and love it hear, it is getting quite cold, and very grey out all the time, the days are also getting shorter, with the sun going down earlier and earlier everyday, but the best part about this season is... the trees, they are all yellow, red, orange, and some green. I am used to seeing them those beautiful colors on the ground, but here they stay on the trees for quite some time, and it is great! I think even though it is grey and rainy a lot, and getting darker, it is still a beautiful season! Everything here has been going great, I am not just getting living day to day life, and can't complain with anything, I have a great host family, go to a great school, in which I have just changed to fashion design program. I am now in third year, which is the last year of high school here! So that means I will get a prom, and get to graduate! I have great friends in this class, so I am thankful for that! I have also joined a volleyball club, which is so much fun, of course it is quite different from what volleyball I am used to, I like it! & have made many friends from that as well!!
The next few pictures are from this weekend, I went to the 2nd biggest city in Sweden (Göteborg), the first is Stockholm the capital of Sweden, which I will being going there in 3 weeks time! Can't wait! Hope you enjoy!




In Göteborg, they have some great architecture throughout the city, in this picture it is a statue of Poseidon. It was in front of a very nice art museum.


Some very friendly people on the street, it is nice that you can fine this throughout Sweden!
A very "tasteful" Swedish tradition, it is a roll called Kanelbulle, most commonly eaten for 'Fika' this kanelbulle though was probably the biggest ever made (daily) it was bigger than an average human head! How cool! It tasted very great might I add!
& This was a very creative soap store we went in. It had many soaps that looked like foods, like a cheese soap, a chocolate soap, and strawberry, and also many pastry soaps!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend. Your pictures are great and I love the picture of you it looks very beautiful. I wish I could make soaps look like food too....
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dakota, I love your blogs. Very interesting. And you do such a good job of keeping it updated and have such good pictures. Keep up the good work--it was nice visiting with the other day.
    Ms. Snodgrass
    PS And who do you have to thank for the fact that you know who Poseidon is?

    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete