Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Grattis på Födelsedag!!!

So this week has been my 'birthday week' and my friend Kristen (from Canada who is living as an exchange student in the upper part of Sweden) has shlepped all the way down to skåne to see me!!! :) So these pictures show a little bit of what we have been doing this week!! The one above was when we visited Copenhagen Denmark, it was really nice to be able to just walk all around the city taking pictures of the nice buildings!
This picture is right outside of a town in Denmark which was suggested to use that we see before we leave Europe... and it defiantly was something that I won't forget, no matter how hard I try. Christiania is a 'free' town, where you have no cost of living, or building rent... pretty much poverty central, it was actually kind of sad to see, but it made me very grateful for what I have back home.
It was mostly an artsy town, that had very much graffiti, and very 'hippie like.' Unfortunately we were not allowed to take pictures in this town, so this is right before entering.
Monday: I had yet another Rotary meeting, except this time I WAS THE SPEAKER... and I gave a speech about my life, and my year as an exchange student... oh did I mention that I gave this entire 35 minute speech all in Swedish!! ( A language that I have only been studying for about 11 months!!
And then my birthday!!!! :) My host parents surprised me by inviting my Rotary contact person, and his wife, whom are 2 of my favorite people that I have met in Sweden to far! Peter, and his wife Ana, are actually going to visit me in Paxton Nebraska in October! I am so excited that I have met them, and even more excited that they want to see my life in USA! I just want to say it was one birthday I will NEVER forget!
Yes... this is how my night ended! FULL MOON OH YEAH!! This full moon, and every other full moon, reminds me of my dad and our night bike rides, which I am looking forward to coming home too, in about 1 month... yes 1 month only I have left... I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!! I think they time has really gone TOO fast, I would love to stay longer... but then YOU ALL WOULD JUST GET POSTS ABOUT EUROPE! I will be continuing to blog about all of my other adventures, starting with my European tour which begins in 1 WEEK!!!!! Germany- Poland- Czech Republic- Austria- Italy- France- and Belgium!!

1 comment: